Staying in Pullman
June 1, 2014 UPDATE ON DORM CHECKIN: If you are staying in the dorms, the dormitory is Community-DuncanDunn (technically 2 connected buildings). http://housing.wsu.edu/reshall/communityduncandunn 720 NE B Street. The desk will be staffed for checkin and checkout on Wednesday from 10:30am-midnight, Thursday from noon-10pm, Sunday from 6:30am-2:30pm, and Monday from 6:00am-10:00am. If you are checking in or out at a different time, or on Friday or Saturday, you should see the conference staff at the C&W Registration desk (CUE Atrium). If you are checking in after midnight and coming on a WSU shuttle from Spokane, the shuttle driver will have your room information and packet. If you are checking in after midnight and NOT on a WSU van, call the number posted on the dormitory door and someone will come and let you in. You should enter through the Duncan Dunn entrance on Linden Street. The dorms include bedding, a towel, and a washcloth. There is no housekeeping service. There is, however, an incredibly lovely courtyard.
From dorms to hotels to motels, we have a range of options for you. We will have blocks of rooms reserved at the places listed below. Moscow, Idaho is about a fifteen minute drive from Pullman, and while we won't be reserving rooms for you there, keep it in mind if you want to check out one of the two counties in Idaho who vote blue.
- Dorms. Our on-campus housing is the Community-Duncan Dunn Residential Hall, which is a 10 minute walk to the main conference buidling, and a 15 minute walk to downtown. You will register for the dorm when you register for the conference. AS OF 4/1/14 ALL SINGLES are sold out, as are all doubles w/ private baths.
- Double with shared bath: $35 per person, per night.
- If you need to change your dorm reqeust or have any questions, contact our conference manager Kelly Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residence Inn Pullman: As of April 25, we have a block of rooms at the soon-to-be completed Residence Inn. This hotel is on campus next to our Student Recreation Center (SRC). It is a little closer to the our conference building (The Smith Center for Undergraduate Education) -- 0.75 miles as opposed to 1.25. They have a breakfast and a pub that is open for lunch and dinner. The downside is it's not close to anything else in Pullman other than WSU. But, it might be a great option for some of you!
- Call 509-332-4400 and mention Computers and Writing to get the rate of $119 for a single or double
- AS OF 4/29/14 the Holiday Inn Express is SOLD OUT. The Holiday Inn has free hot breakfasts, free wifi, a pool, hottub, and a fitness room. It is across from a cupcake and frozen yogurt joint (Sweet Mutiny), and just a short walk to the Fireside Bar and Grill and Birch and Barley. It's a more suburban feeling area of Pullman, but very accessible. It's 1.25 miles to the heart of campus and a nice walk or bike ride. It is also very close to the bike-walk-run trails for those who want a morning run or bike.
- Book your reservation by May 4, 2014 to receive a guest room rate of $109.00 (standard double queen) and $119.00 (deluxe double queen with sofa bed). Please be sure to ask for the Computers & Writing Conference rate when making your reservation! 509-334-4437
- Other options. We also have a few other motels near downtown, as well as a Quality Inn near the Holiday Inn Express. If you're not too picky, we also have some clean motels around and the Hilltop (which requires a rental car). Learn more at Trip Advisor. Moscow also has numerous hotel options. ONLY stay in Moscow if you have a rental car.